We Are Hiring
Specialty Pharmacy Technician - Tele Pharmacy - Full-Time Evenings 10 hour shift,7 on/7 off - Nashville, TN
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to obtain and document through the electronic medical record (EMR) both timely and accurate medication histories for appropriate patients using multiple data sources including: interviews with the patient and/or caregivers, retail pharmacies, physician offices and/or an electronic data exchange
- Proactively obtains medication history from patients, caregivers or providers
- Demonstrates appropriate interview skills based on patient-specific factors (e.g., illness, cognition, literacy)
- Uses critical thinking skills to assimilate the most accurate medication history available.
- Accurately uses and/or communicates with external resources (data exchanges, retail pharmacies, provider offices, etc) to obtain pertinent information
- Accurately and completely documents medication history in the electronic medical record (EMR)
- Provides appropriate escalation and/or appropriate handoffs with complex or incomplete medication histories
- Effectively communicates with other members of the health care team
- Keeps up to date with knowledge regarding new medications and dosage forms that may be used in an outpatient/ambulatory setting
- Demonstrates ability to multitask and monitor multiple patient queues from multiple facilities and/or EMRs as necessary
- Effectively uses virtual technology to perform job duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed
- Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the National Healthcare Association. Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)