We Are Hiring
Asst-Pathologist - Lab Pathology Anc 006 - PRN,Rotating - Ascension Providence Hospital - BU 34028 - Southfield,MI
Rotational hours based on needs of the department. May work holidays or weekends.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension-MI, you will have the opportunity to provide anatomic pathology services under the supervision of a pathologist.
- Performs gross description and dissection of human tissue surgical specimens for microscopic examination, holding and transport/shipment, ensuring proper identification and accessioning
- .Prepares specimens for cytological studies and maintains surgical and medical cytology reports.
- Assists with fine needle aspirations performed in Radiology and physician offices.
- Prepares cases for and assists with the coordination of cancer conferences. Supplies instruction to pathology residents.
- May assess and/or process frozen section laboratory specimens according to established histology laboratory policies.
- May perform, under the direction of a pathologist, postmortem prosecution.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Pathologist Assistant credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Prefer 1year experience but would consider a new graduate.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)