We Are Hiring
Licensed Behavioral Health Counselor - Youth Outpatient - Full-Time, Rotating - Indianapolis-8401 Harcourt Rd - Indianapolis, IN
Position is working in our Child Mental Health Intensive Outpatient and Partial Hospitalization programs. Schedule is Monday through Friday and the hours are variable based on programming needs but generally between 10:00 am - 8:00 pm.
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Licensed Behavioral Health Counselor with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to provide behavioral health counseling services.
- Conducts patient assessments and establishes therapy treatment goals.
- Administers individual and group therapy. Maintains thorough and confidential records of observations.
- Evaluates progress and effectiveness of therapy interventions.
- Provides patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic activities in the community.
- Works directly with the patient, family, physician and community providers to ensure active and collaborate care from the initiation of treatment to the time of discharge.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Counselor specializing in Mental Health credentialed from the Indiana Behavioral Health and Human Services Licensing Board obtained within 48 Months (4 years) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Social Worker credentialed from the Indiana Behavioral Health and Human Services Licensing Board obtained within 48 Months (4 years) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Therapist specializing in Marriage & Family credentialed from the Indiana Behavioral Health and Human Services Licensing Board obtained within 48 Months (4 years) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Clinical Counselor.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required. Masters in Counseling, Social Work, or another related field preferred.
- Candidates must have their clinical license (LMHC, LCAC, LMFT, or LCSW) or be license eligible having obtained their LMHCA, LMFTA, LCACA, or LSW and have begun or be ready to begin working towards the necessary supervised clinical hours towards a clinical license.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)