We Are Hiring
Therapist - Behavioral Health - MH Adult Clinic Montg - FT Days Monday - Friday, 8am to 4:30pm - St Mary's Hospital - Amsterdam, NY
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare, based in Amsterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, three Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
St. Mary's Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Therapist-Behavioral Health with St. Mary's Hospital, you will have the opportunity to povide comprehensive assessment, diagnosis and treatment of mental, emotional, behavioral, addictive and developmental disorders and disabilities using specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills.
- Performs comprehensive diagnostic assessments of patients needs and psychosocial status.
- Develops a comprehensive, individualized treatment plan and goals for the patient and provides psychotherapy, group and family therapy if applicable.
- Collaborates with other members of the multidisciplinary team, as appropriate, to develop treatment goals for the patient. May participates in multidisciplinary patient care conferences discussing information obtained from patient assessments, updates, treatment plans.
- Provides appropriate documentation of all pertinent information obtained in interviews, consultation with other healthcare professionals, referrals, contacts and supportive services provided to each patient. Completes necessary documentation and reporting in accordance with departmental standards and Federal and State regulations.
- Provides direct clinical supervision to interns and assigned staff.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Counselor credentialed from the New York Board of Mental Health Practitioners obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Psychologist credentialed from the New York Board of Psychology obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Social Worker credentialed from the New York Board of Social Work obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Work Experience:
- Master's degree required
- LMSW, LCSW, LCSW-R, LMHC, PsyD, or PhD.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) skills preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.