We Are Hiring
Genesys PACE, a member of the Ascension Living family, has an exciting opportunity for a Certified Medical Assistant to join our team.
PACE (Program of All- Inclusive Care for the Elderly) offers a range of medical and supportive services that can be provided at the PACE center or in the comfort of home 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Our many relationships with specialists and providers in the community ensure that you get the care you need. Participants also receive social and recreational services in our PACE center located in downtown Flint.
This position is Full-Time. Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Why join Genesys PACE?
- Be part of a great team and culture
- Generous PTO, excellent (and affordable) medical, dental, vision and retirement (with a match)
- Flexible scheduling and student friendly
- Tuition reimbursement, discount programs and more
What You Will Do
Assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider (Physician or Advanced Practice Provider).
- Assists with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients. Lists all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribes patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Previous Medical Assistant experience preferred.