We Are Hiring
RN-Admissions/Transfers - Rehab Administration 002 - FT Day, 80 Hours Bi-Weekly - St Mary's of MI-Healthsource - Saginaw,MI
M-F 8 am - 4:30 pm
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St. Mary's of Michigan, you will have the opportunity to coordinate and facilitate patient admissions or transfers according to patient acuity, bed availability, and required services.
- Collaborates with the nursing staff and multidisciplinary team members to place patient in appropriate level of care to achieve desired outcomes. Coordinates as liaison between physician requestors for consultants and specialty consultants.
- Initiates care management process including pre-registration and insurance verification.
- Stays informed of changes in managed care and communicates procedural and financial impact to admitting physicians during the reservation/scheduling process.
- Reviews medical reports from referring hospitals or physician offices and relays information to nursing unit. Develops relationships with referral sources and admission decision makers.
- Maintains documentation of communications with physician/service referrals for legal, medical, statistical, and process improvement purposes.
- Follows up with referring entities for ease of access, marketing, evaluation and quality improvement.
- Coordinates education and development of internal staff and external departments to ensure understanding of intake review and approval process.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
Equal Employment Opportunity
SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.