We Are Hiring
Marketing and Communications Specialist
Do you have experience in Public Relations, Social Media, and Writing along with a passion to work in the healthcare industry? If so, Ascension is looking for you! Come be a part of our team!
Why Join Ascension?
- Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Marketing and Communications Specialist with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to initiate, plan and coordinate marketing and/or public relation functions for the organization.
- Required travel to Birmingham 1-2 times a month
- Researches, writes, edits and proofreads copy and other content consistent with approved key messages
- Creates marketing presentations, executive memos, both internal and external communications and news articles
- Provides collaborative, strategic partnership between MarCom and local ministry leadership
- Enter, edit, and reconciles data within ministry-specific and ministry-wide databases and forms.
- Develops and executes engaging social organic content for entire state
- Maintains social channels and works to grow audiences for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Creates strong PR content and works with media to secure earned media opportunities
- User of Brand Central
- Maintains a highly responsive relationship with leaders across multiple disciplines to record, track, and facilitate closure of both in and out-of-scope requests.
- Investigates and troubleshoots problems and improves areas of redundancy and work to eliminate manual input and areas of high potential for human error.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 3 years experience in the marketing and/or communications specialty area preferred.
- Ability to manage social media channels preferred
- AP Stylebook knowledge preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)