We Are Hiring
Secretary-Unit - LDRPN Unit 001 - Full-Time, Nights - SVM-St Vincent's Riverside - Jacksonville, FL
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension St. Vincent’s, based in Jacksonville, Florida, has served the people of Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia since 1873. It is home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta and Orlando. From its humble beginning to its current status as a regional healthcare system, Ascension St. Vincent's is widely recognized for delivering quality, compassionate care.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent's HealthCare-FL, you will have the opportunity to perform administrative and clerical duties in support of an assigned clinical area.
- Greets patients and visitors, answers/screens/routes telephone calls, files, distributes mail and performs other general clerical duties.
- Communicates with patients, families, physicians and other healthcare team members about patient care according to protocol. Schedules patients for individual appointment and in a timely manner.
- Provides assistance with programs/software for Physicians/Clinicians through the order entry processes, transfers and discharges. Assembles and maintains patient charts.
- Coordinates meetings/schedules meetings/rooms with the appropriate person, sends notices as requested. Maintains meeting minutes. Enters and maintains timekeeping changes and staff schedules in computer systems.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- High school diploma or GED required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hired individuals regardless of schedule and hours, including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)