We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse Educator
Department: Diabetes Center
Schedule: Full-Time; Monday - Friday 8:00AM to 4:30PM. Rotating call for insulin pumps.
Location: St. John Medical Center, Tulsa, OK
Why Join Ascension?
St. John Health System, based in Tulsa, Oklahoma, was founded in 1926 by the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother. Beginning with a 50-bed hospital, St. John Health System now incorporates the skills of more than 800 primary care and specialty physicians, 7,000 employees and several medical centers throughout northeastern Oklahoma.
St. John Health System is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs
At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St John Health System, you will have the opportunity to assess, plan, implement and evaluate educational activities planning for an assigned service or population.
- Collaborate with nurse managers and staff to assess the learning needs and competencies of staff.
- Develop, implement and evaluate educational plans/programs and utilizes methods, measurements and tools to evaluate achievement of learning goals.
- Serve as a resource for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice, and professional development.
- Participate in the coordination and continuity of orientation programs, including preceptor programs.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Oklahoma Board of Nursing .
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certified Educator specializing in Diabetes Management.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- Prefer experience in diabetes education or certified educator specializing in Diabetes management, but not required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Health System is an EEO/AA employer:
M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)