We Are Hiring
Full time day hospitalist--St. Vincent Anderson
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Hospitalist-Ascension St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital
Ascension St. Vincent Anderson Regional, a 240- bed hospital is seeking a B/C or B/E Hospitalist. Ascension St. Vincent Anderson has 150 physicians on the medical staff and more than 1,500 associates. Anderson is a northeastern suburb of Indianapolis.
- 12-hour shifts
- Procedures are optional, closed ICU, covered by critical care group
- Experienced group, open to new or experienced hospitalists
- Quick and easy commute from Indianapolis and Hamilton county suburbs
- Open to IM or FM candidates
- Excellent salary with quality bonus paid twice a year, student loan reimbursement, sign on bonus, relocation allowance
- Will see an average of 14-16 patients per day
- Sunrise EMR
- CME allowance, comprehensive health benefits
- Retirement savings plan (403b) with match
- Malpractice with tail coverage
As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to
Provides medical services to patients in an assigned area.
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Indiana Medical Licensing Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)