We Are Hiring
Lead Medical Technologist - General Lab - Full-Time, Day - Ascension Providence Park Novi, MI - Variable hours TBD by needs of the department; 7:00am to 3:30pm or 10am to 6:30pm; rotating weekends and holidays
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension-MI, you will have the opportunity to lead the daily activities of the assigned laboratory section/staff.
- Oversees the direction and operation of the clinical laboratory.
- Assigns and schedules work for assigned shifts. Prepares daily and weekly time and attendance reports. Problem solves and provides technical assistance to staff.
- Performs various clinical laboratory tests, analyzes and interprets test results, and ensures accuracy of same.
- Conducts and attends regular department meetings.
- Assists with data collection or special projects for difficult cases.
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of the policies and procedures for patient preparation, sample requirements, specimen collection, and pre-analytical factors that affect sample quality.
- Oversees the documentation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date. Any issuing authority accepted. Canadian Medical Laboratory Technologist certification by CSLT/CLMLS is also acceptable.
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date. Any issuing authority accepted. Canadian Medical Laboratory Technologist certification by CSLT/CLMLS is also acceptable.
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date. Any issuing authority accepted. Canadian Medical Laboratory Technologist certification by CSLT/CLMLS is also acceptable.
- Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary Canadian diploma or post-secondary Canadian certification with 3 years of experience required
- 1 year of experience required.
- Leadership experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)