We Are Hiring
Technologist-Surgical - Surgery 001 - Full-Time,Day - St Mary's Hospital - Amsterdam,NY
This position is eligible for a $5000 sign on bonus
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare, based in Amsterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, three Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
In this position, you will enjoy a schedule of 36 hours Monday-Friday. We provide our surgical technicians:
- Teamwork: Our open, highly collaborative work environment allows associates to identify and share ideas across disciplines, so we can all give better care
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to our community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement within our organization.
- Compensation/Benefits: At St. Mary’s Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
What You Will Do
As a Technician.-Surgical with St Marry's Hospital, you will have the opportunity to facilitate the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
- Prepares surgical operating suite with sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hands required and requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintains instruments in an organized manner and monitors and tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
- Assists surgeons provision of hemostasis during surgery.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider.
- Certified as a Surgical Tech or enrolled in program to become certifed by date of hire
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.