We Are Hiring
Pediatrics Physician - Ascension Borgess - Full-Time,Rotating - Borgess Medical Ctr - Kalamazoo,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
When you join Ascension and Ascension Medical Group, you are entering a partnership where physician engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care. Your practice will be supported by a robust practice management platform, proven administrative and revenue cycle management services and some of the most current and physician-friendly EHRs on the market.Physicians benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
- Multi provider practice with variety of outpatient only practice locations available within SW Michigan
- Support provided by Advance practice providers and practice leadership team.
- Practice is committed to patient accessibility within the offices therefore allowing provider schedule flexibility.
- Both Full-time and Part-time positions available
- The department is supported by a growing team of specialists/ practices such as: Women’s Health, Primary Care Practices, Neonatology, Pediatric Hospitalists, and more.
Ascension Borgess Hospital
Join our Community
- As a member of Borgess Health, our physicians join a large community of providers who are called to deliver compassionate, personalized care for all persons, especially those who are struggling or affected by poverty.
- Whether you’re looking to fulfill your calling here or at one of our 1,900 Ascension sites of care across 24 states, we are here to support you. Patients benefit from our nationwide collaboration between hospitals, medical practices and innovators.
- As a member of the largest nonprofit provider of care in the country, we are able to share best practices and knowledge across our smart network.
- We recognize that the most important part of a healthcare network is our doctors and our advanced practice providers who are providing care for patients. To support your work, Borgess Health and Ascension provide tools and resources to help you deliver quality, individualized outcomes.
- Borgess Health includes more than 130 sites of care in 15 southern Michigan cities, as well as eight owned or affiliated hospitals, a nursing home, ambulatory care facilities, home health care, physician practices, managed care services, a cancer center and an air ambulance service.
- Borgess Health offers a complete continuum of services to over 1 million people living in 10 counties in southwest Michigan.
- Borgess Medical Center, the heart of the network in Kalamazoo, is a 424-bed teaching facility, with renowned cardiology, behavioral health and neuroscience programs.
What You Will Do
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Promptly communicates significant changes in patient condition to Primary Care Provider and/or Specialist. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Coordinates coverage schedule in collaboration with others that will provide coverage 365 days per year. Provides coverage for unexpected absences or during exceptionally high patient volumes.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Drug Enforcement Admin obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. This credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff Office.
- Finger Printing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. This credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff Office.
- Licensed Physician MD/DO obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. This credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff Office.
- Licensed CSR-Prescriptive Authority obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. This credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff Office.
- Doctor of Medicine
- MD/DO Degree is required as of hire date This credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff OfficePost-graduate degree of medical management is preferred
Work Experience: 1-2 years preferred, new graduates welcomed
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.