We Are Hiring
Title: RN (Registered Nurse) Orthopedics Unit
City, State: Nashville, TN
Location: St Thomas Midtown Hospital
Department: Orthopedics Unit 001
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Weekends, 2 12 Hour Shifts Required 7a-7p
Benefits: competitive pay, full benefits, retirement plan, and more
Why Join Ascension?
Why Saint Thomas Midtown:
Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital, founded in 1918, is the largest not-for-profit community hospital in Middle Tennessee, licensed for 683 acute and rehab care beds. Our main campus covers nearly 2 million square feet and spans more than six city blocks, or 38 acres.
What Saint Thomas Midtown has to offer:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Saint Thomas Health provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Innovative Environement: We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare’s toughest challenges.
What You Will Do
As a Registered Nurse in the Orthopedics Unit at Saint Thomas Midtown, you will provide direct nursing care for post-op patients. This unit is a fast-paced total joint replacement unit specializing in the care of patients undergoing elective total knee, hip, and shoulder replacements. Come join this “hospital within a hospital” feel.
- Evaluate, revise, implement, and monitor patient care plans.
- Antibiotic Administration & Pain Management
- Provide post-operative care
- Observe and record patient vital signs.
- Provide regular status updates to patients and their families to ensure they can make informed decisions regarding future treatment.
- You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Basic Life Support certification (BLS Card) needs to be valid 90 days post hire.
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None required.
- At least a year in a hospital setting as an RN preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)