We Are Hiring
Clinical Nurse Leader - Intensive Care Unit 002 - Part-Time, Day - Dell Seton Medical Center - Austin, TX
3- 8 hour shifts per week. Hours must be flexible to see both evening and day staff and attend necessary meetings
Why Join Ascension?
Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas.
At Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, we are the centerpiece of the new health district in downtown Austin, Texas.
Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas is a part of Ascension, a non-profit organization. Our team approach brings together a wide range of specialists, advanced technology and treatments. Our mission provides opportunities for Ascension associates to serve in their local communities by serving the poor and vulnerable.
Highlights of our State of the Art facility:
- Academic Hospital with 226 beds
- Advance Critical Care Management
- Specialties include Surgical Oncology, Plastics, Neurosurgical Services, Burn Program and Trauma Intensivists
- Only Level 1 Adult Trauma Center within 15 counties
- Acuity adjustable units
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Seton, you will have the opportunity to improve and coordinate patient care.
- Utilizes knowledge, experience, and research to impact patient outcomes.
- Increases patient satisfaction, enhances and minimizes nursing sensitive measures.
- Reduces hospital acquired conditions and increases patient education.
- Demonstrates leadership, experience and creative approaches in the management of complex patient care.
- Coordinates care for diverse patient populations in a cost effective manner.
- Enables effective implementation of health promotion and prevention practices, the management of acute and chronic illnesses, attainment of appropriate lengths of stay, and most effective level of care.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Clinical Nurse Leader certification issued by the Commission of Nurse Certification (CNC).
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required and Master's degree required
- 3-5 years of ICU expierence preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.