This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Lead-Medical Lab Scientist
St Joseph Campus - Milwaukee,WI
What You Will Do
Leads the daily activities of the assigned laboratory section/staff.
- Oversees the direction and operation of the clinical laboratory.
- Assigns and schedules work for assigned shifts. Prepares daily and weekly time and attendance reports. Problem solves and provides technical assistance to staff.
- Performs various clinical laboratory tests, analyzes and interprets test results, and ensures accuracy of same.
- Conducts and attends regular department meetings.
- Assists with data collection or special projects for difficult cases.
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of the policies and procedures for patient preparation, sample requirements, specimen collection, and pre-analytical factors that affect sample quality.
- Oversees the documentation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- 1 year of experience required.