We Are Hiring
RN-Registered Nurse - 5S Medical Unit - Full-Time,Weekend Options - Indianapolis-2001 West 86th St - Indianapolis,IN
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs
- At St. Vincent, nursing is more than a job; it’s a calling with a purpose of caring, healing and hope.
- Come Make a Difference - by joining the St. Vincent Nurse Family of Super Hero Nurses dedicated to healthcare that focuses on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit
What You Will Do
The Medical/Surgical Registered Nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- As a RN, your influence can be felt throughout our hospital and is a core component to our care team.
- Med/Surg - A unit where you will "Learn a Lot About a Lot"
- One of our Med/Surg units is an Innovated unit.
- This is for open minded nurses who loves trying new things.
- This unit figures out ways to sustain and support healthcare and nursing into the future while providing bedside to Med/Surg patients.
This 40 bed unit cares for:
- Renal Failure
- Infectious Diseases
- GI Related Diagnoses
- Wound Care
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred
- New Nurse Graduates Accepted - must apply to the new graduate opening
- Preferred 1 Year Registered Nurse Experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)