We Are Hiring
Unit Secretary (BU) - Nurse Staffing 001 - PT Evenings 40 Hours Bi-Weekly - St Mary's of Michigan-MedCtr - Saginaw,MI
This is a union position.
5p-11p or 7p-11p on weekends, weekend and holiday rotation.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's of Michigan-MI, you will have the opportunity to perform administrative and clerical duties in support of an assigned clinical area.
- Greets patients and visitors, answers/screens/routes telephone calls, files, distributes mail and performs other general clerical duties.
- Communicates with patients, families, physicians and other healthcare team members about patient care according to protocol.
- Types various reports and documents for unit staff.
- Assists with processing patient admissions, transfers and discharges. Assembles and maintains patient charts.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Coordinator specializing in Healthcare.
- HS or Equivalent
- High School diploma or equivalent required and No experience required.
- Physician office or acute care secretarial experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.