We Are Hiring
As an Interventional Technologist with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to assist with procedures and provides diagnostic aid by conducting organ or body scans on patients. SIGN ON BONUS OF $5000 for Full-Time experienced candidates. For the right New Grad, the possibility of a SIGN ON BONUS of $2500!!
TITLE: Interventional Technologist
DEPARTMENT: Interventional Radiology
LOCATION: Indianapolis-2001 West 86th St - Indianapolis, IN
Schedule: Full-Time, Day, 7AM-5PM, 4 days a week
Call: Robust call schedule; required 30 minutes response to hospital on call, to cover nights, week-ends and holidays.
- Intereventional Technologists are Rad Techs with an IR specialty.
- They scrub IR Cases and work in the lab.
- Most New Grads won't qualify but would be considered.
- 4 month training cycle.
- Cases: Everything other than Heart.
- Part Time Weekend Option (7:30A - 7:30P - 2/12s) %40 Bonus Pay.
- If I fill this, it will alleviate a lot of the Call responsibilities of the other staff.
- Weekend person needs to be highly experienced.
- Call: 1 Day a week & every 5th Weekend. Must live within 30 minutes. Call is highly likely until Weekend Option Role is filled.
- 12 - 16 hours on the weekends.
- Sign On Bonus: $5K Sign On Bonus & $2.5K for the right Student
- Schedule: 7A - 5P (4/10s) 38 hours a week
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Interventional Technologist with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to assist with procedures and provides diagnostic aid by conducting organ or body scans on patients.
- Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Able to perform all specialized imaging procedures such as angio, complex vascular and nonvascular interventional and therapeutic procedures, along with assisting the Radiologist/PA.
- Ensures all activities comply with regulatory agency standards.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)