We Are Hiring
Are you a new grad RN or an RN who has less than a year of experience?
If so, we have an opportunity to be part of our August Nurse Residency Program at Saint Agnes Hospital in Baltimore!
Our Nurse Residency Program is designed to support newly graduated nurses in their development and set you up for SUCCESS!
- A 12-month program to ease transition into practice.
- Monthly seminars allow for socialization with other residents and evidence-based lectures relevant to new graduate nursing practice.
- New graduate nurse is selected to participate in four yearly cohorts, based on unit staffing needs.
- Use of Nursing Simulation Center for hands-on skill practice.
- Tuition Assistance after 1 year of employment.
- Clinical Educators are assigned to Nurse Residents to follow progress and ensure learning needs are met!
Our next Nurse Residency Cohort starts February 27th, 2020!
Specific position details:
- Nurse Resident (RN)
- Full Time (36 hours per week)
- Night shift (7P - 7:30A)
- Med Surg / Coattending Unit
- More detail below!
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare’s roots in Baltimore go all the way back to 1823. Our culture both then and now is based on a belief that ALL people deserve to be treated with dignity. For generations we have served the beautifully diverse community that is our home with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable. Today we offer a full range of services through our 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation.
As part of Ascension we are part of a bigger ministry to deliver compassionate personalized care to all, especially those most in need. Ascension is one of the leading non-profit health systems in the United States. In fiscal year 2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
This position is on our 20-bed unit med surg / coattending unit where we care for mostly medical patients, some of which may have underlying behavioral issues that may or may not be psychiatric in nature.
This position is full time, 36 hours a week (three 12-hour shifts) on nights (7P-7:30A). The position is benefit eligible so comes with Ascension’s comprehensive programs that protect your health, income and survivors, as well as secure your retirement and enrich your spirit.
What You Will Need
Before the start date of 2/27/20 you would need to meet the following requirements:
- Diploma from an accredited school / college of nursing required.
- Registered Nurse (RN) credentialed from the Maryland Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Candidates must be new grad RNs or have less than one year of work experience as a Registered Nurse to be considered.
The next step is to get your information in front of our Nurse Recruiter. To do this simply click apply and our system will walk you through the process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.