We Are Hiring
Financial Admin Associate - Patient Registration - Revenue Cycle Mgmt
Part-Time,Rotating: primary days and secondary evenings, rotating weekends/holidays
Ascension Genesys HealthPark - Grand Blanc,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Genesys Health System-MI, you will have the opportunity to
A member of a financial services team. Performs a variety of functions with an emphasis on clerical duties.
- 1. Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to the philosophy and objectives of Patient Focused Care, continuous quality improvement, team interaction, and the mission and values of Genesys Regional Medical Center.
- 2. Maintains confidentiality of hospital matters regarding patients, physicians, visitors, co-workers, and other center members.
- 3. Maintains patient confidentiality by continuously adhering to Federal and State laws regarding the dissemination of patient medical and billing information to outside sources.
- 4. Maintains effective and quality interpersonal relationships with patients, family members, physicians, visitors, co-workers, and other center members.
- 5. Coordinates communications for entire unit. Answers the telephone and handles mail, fax, and pager communications to and from the unit in a friendly, courteous and accurate manner.
- 6. Acts as a unit receptionist and information agent for patients, nursing staff, physicians, allied services, and visitors. Insures that information sharing of unit operations is maintained. Communicates concerns to management team for problem solving.
- 7. Performs other duties as assigned.
- 8. Registers and admits patients to the unit. Accurately enters and maintains patient information into the hospital computer systems including demographic and financial information. Assigns and verifies patient medical record numbers.
- 9. Types and prepares various forms such as preadmission and consent forms.
- 10. Verifies and assesses coverage on all types of encounters working with all third party payers included but not limited to: Blue Cross, HMO's, PPO's, private insurance companies, Medicare and Medicaid, and private pay patients.
- 11. Receives and records payments for hospital and medical services rendered. Maintains petty cash fund. Balances cash drawer, prepares cash reports and bank deposits daily.
- Essential Functions: 1) Must pass a data entry proficiency test for speed and accuracy; 2) Proficient in medical terminology, hospital computer systems, and general office equipment; 3) Must possess excellent interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with patients, medical staff, employees, third party payers; 4) Must possess good analytical and mathematics skills; 5) Must have mobility skills to move room-to-room and between floors, including ability toassist in lifting, moving, and evacuation of patients
- Working Conditions: Work setting in patient care unit or office; may be exposed to patient illness, communicablediseases, blood, body fluid, and hazardous chemicals hazards
- Orientation Requirements: Must attend Medical Center new hire and department orientations
- The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or qualifications for the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision. The most recently dated job description on file in the Human Resources Department will be considered the official job description.
What You Will Need Education:
- Requires completion of a recognized certification program in Health Information Technology or Allied Health or an equivalet certification, training or demonstrated abilities
- Prefer 12 months previous experience with admitting, registration, hospital third party coverage, insurance verification, billing, unit clerk or medical records; must successfully pass a medical terminology test; must be able to satisfactorily complete Administrative Associate Core Role Training
Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
(HEALTH MINISTRY) participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)