We Are Hiring
Operation Room Performance Improvement Coach
Surgical Care - Full-Time, Days
806 St Vincent's Health - Birmingham, AL
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
- Provides expertise in successfully applying process improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, PDCA/PDSA, and Agile.
- Serves as an internal consultant to management, staff, and providers in the areas of process improvement, performance monitoring/excellence, and change management.
- Creates and uses standard performance improvement tools and training to continually educate management, staff, and providers in performance improvement.
- Focuses on better healthcare value and quality, including the improvement of clinical outcomes, patient experience, safety, costs, revenue, productivity, efficiency, associate and provider satisfaction, and process reliability with measured performance.
- Works with surgical suite staff for improving OR processes including but not limited to FCOTS, OR Utilization, PACU, and Room Turnover Time
- Facilitates the improvement of simulation-based education programs in collaboration with key content experts and education staff
- Engages and partners with management, education staff, and providers to ensure relevance, consistency and sustainability of solutions, including program alignment to business readiness and adoption
- Communicates and champions the vision for process improvement/change through activities such as presenting best practices and sharing what other facilities have accomplished. Partners with and engages resources (i.e., clinicians, health system leaders) to ensure success of improvement project
- Aids facilities in customizing processes to fit their own situation and incorporating the changes into their day-to-day routines for increased likelihood of sustainability
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in organizational development, industrial engineering, business administration, healthcare or related field preferred
- Preferred Qualification: Master’s Degree in a related field
- Agile certification, Lean certification, and/or Six Sigma certification preferred
- Preferred two (2) years of experience required in Agile, Lean or Lean Six Sigma deployment, preferably in a clinical healthcare environment.
- Preferred two (2) years of management/leadership experience is required, preferably in a similar role.
- Preferred two (2) years in a healthcare environment is preferred. Experience is preferred in the deployment of process changes, process integration, and new policies and procedures. Experience in a clinical education environment preferred.
- Exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, and results orientation.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Lean Healthcare Mgmt.. Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed
- Project Mgmt Professional. Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed
- Registered Nurse. Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)