We Are Hiring
RN-Registered Nurse - Critical Care Unit 001 - PRN,Rotating - Carmel-13500 North Meridian - Carmel,IN
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs
- At St. Vincent, nursing is more than a job; it’s a calling with a purpose of caring, healing and hope.
- Come Make a Difference - by joining the St. Vincent Nurse Family of Super Hero Nurses dedicated to healthcare that focuses on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit
What You Will Do
As a ICU Nurse, you have a desire to be challenged and excel in intense, fast-paced environments. You will provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. Critical thinking is what YOU love to do.
Carmel Medical ICU (MICU)
- A smaller medical ICU, with a big family
- This 10-bed unit provides care for critical patients and utilizes ventilators, drips, Roto-Prone beds
- This ICU is NOT the Rapid Response or Code team for the hospital
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Minimum Qualification: Basic Life Support (BLS) certification obtained within thirty days of hire date to position.
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Minimum Qualification:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- Associate's Degree in Nursing by hire date to position
- Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing by hire date to position
- Prefer advanced certification (ex: CCRN, CNRN, TCRN, SCRN)
- New Nurse Graduates Accepted – must apply to the new graduate opening
- Preferred 1 Year Registered Nurse Experience in a Progressive/Intermediate or Critical Care unit
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)