We Are Hiring
Population Health Pharmacist- Pharmacy Administration - Full-Time,Day - St Louis,MO OR Remote
Approximately 25% travel required
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to assure the appropriate selection, dosing, administering, and dispensing of medication orders in specialized areas, such as nuclear medicine, oncology, cardiology. Serve as a subject matter expert in pharmacy discipline and provides guidance across pharmacies and to clinical leadership.
Identifying and communicating potential gaps in care
Educating healthcare providers on the rationale for therapy
Improve patient medication adherence
Review and provide MTM programs for SmartHealth members
Communicating MTM patient interventions to prescribers
• Reviews and synthesizes member clinical data related to pharmaceuticals to identify opportunities for improving quality and overall cost. Engages with member and member's clinical care team to address/collaborate around identified opportunities to advance health.
• Support internal pharmacy resources including improving in-house distribution channels, development of customized clinical programs (PA, Formulary, etc.),
• Review SmartHealth and PBM provided pharmacy program indicators and reports for ongoing opportunities and program performance measures.
• Participation in conferences and other forums for showcasing program experience and success.
• Lead and participate in internal workgroups to develop new programs, services, corporate positions and publications based on the continual assessment of client and market needs
What You Will Need
Pharmacist obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed.
Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy required
Pharmacy residency preferred.
Knowledge of ambulatory care, retail and clinical and financial pharmacy management preferred
Knowledge of pharmacy benefits management strongly preferred
Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills and client relationship management experience preferred
Experience with hospitals and health systems preferred
Familiarity with the Federal 340B pricing program preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.