We Are Hiring
RN Nursing Supervisor - Emergency Room (ED) - Providence Health Center - Waco, TX
Full Time, Evenings (3:00 p.m. – 3:00 a.m.)
Why Join Ascension/Providence?
Providence – Texas
Providence Health Center, part of Ascension, is located in West Waco and was founded in 1905 as Waco’s first hospital. The campus, which is part of Providence Healthcare Network, includes a 237 bed, acute-care hospital offering the best level of care in virtually every medical discipline. We are one of the largest employers in Waco with over 2,200 employees who are committed to providing compassionate and personalized care to those we serve.
At Providence Healthcare Network, we believe serving others gives meaning, purpose and joy to our lives. The Providence mission of compassion is perfected by our vision of excellence and we are consistently awarded for the level of care we provide.
Some of the recent awards we are most proud of include:
- Business of the Year by Mission Waco and Business of the Year by the African American Chamber of Commerce
- Ranked 1st in Texas for Cardiac Surgery and among the top 5 percent in the nation.
- Designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacements by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
At Providence, our associates are the core of what keeps our ministry thriving. Through interactions with patients, families and visitors, our associates make our mission real. We also value investing into the local community and are committed to giving back and partnering with organizations who are making Waco a great place to live.
What Providence Healthcare Network has to offer:
- Heart of Care: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That’s why, at Ascension, we invest in our nurses so they can have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve.
- Front Lines: Nurses are on the front lines of the care we provide, and for that reason, [Health Ministry] prides itself in employing some of the best nurses in [State]. And while we pride ourselves in having some of the most experienced nurses in the state, we always welcome exceptional new nurses who are eager to join us
- Working Together: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create change. As you embark on the first step of your nursing career, we’d like to invite you to take it with us.
We provide Our Nurses:
- Staffing Support: We offer flexible staffing based on patient volume so nurses don’t get overwhelmed.
- Teamwork: Our open, highly collaborative work environment allows nurses to identify and share ideas across disciplines so we can all give better care
- Learning: Beyond helping to identify areas of improvement daily, our nurses also get access to a wide range of learning opportunities and support.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Providence Healthcare Netwk-TX, you will have the opportunity to supervise and coordinate unit staffing and provide leadership while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care in assigned area.
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Clinical Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing .
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- BSN preferred
- 1 year of experience required.
- 5 years of ED experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence Healthcare Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V).
A mission of compassion.
A vision of excellence.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.