We Are Hiring
Registration Specialist (BU) - Patient Access Admitting 001 - PRN,Rotating - Ascension - St Mary's-MedCtr - Saginaw, MI
This is a PRN, rotating varied position.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, St. Mary's, you will have the opportunity to perform clerical and reception duties associated with patient registration.
- Greets patients and visitors, responds to questions/concerns and directs them to appropriate location. Provides on-going communication with clinical staff regarding patient status.
- Collects and enters all necessary demographic, clinical, billing and insurance information from patients or responsible parties.
- Explains processes and forms to patients prior to securing signatures and ensures that all documents are properly signed and witnessed as required.
- Determines and accepts required payments, including co-pays and deductibles.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
HS or Equivalent
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Prior experience in a hospital environment or insurance company preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.