This job posting is no longer active.
What You Will Do
Medical Lab Scientist (MLS)
Full-Time,Night - Hours: Hours may vary, but will typically be 10:00 P.M.-6:30 A.M. Holiday and weekend rotation
St. Francis - Milwaukee,WI
- Performs, validates, interprets, documents and reports laboratory test results. May collect and process specimens.
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting. Executes and evaluates quality control and quality assurance procedures. Documents and reports as required by regulatory agencies.
- Understands and participates in all aspects of clinical laboratory testing; pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical. Anticipates and maintains required supplies for uninterrupted testing.
- Assists with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Assists in documentation, evaluation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staffstatistics/reports.
- Assists in training and mentoring MLTs, new associates and students.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required