We Are Hiring
Clinical Education Coordinator (MLS) - STE Lab School Of Med Tech - Full-Time (72hrs), Days - St. Elizabeth's Hospital - Appleton, WI
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ministry Health Care, you will have the opportunity to plan and manage the development and delivery of clinical education.
- Consults with managers and assists department to plan, coordinate and evaluate specific orientation and competency assessment programs.
- Assists with determining clinical educational needs by participating in appropriate leadership/committee meetings and by direct communication with management.
- Coordinates all administrative components of training activities and events. Schedules course sessions and learning activities, maintains training event calendars and databases, and manages enrollment and reporting.
- Obtains feedback from leadership and refines training accordingly.
- Lecture MLS materials to ensure the best success of the students.
- Serve as a site liaison for University campus affiliates.
- Interviewing and recruitment of potential students.
- Prepare students for ASCP Board of Certification.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists Certification.
- None required. Previous laboratory experience preferred. Education coordination experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin and its subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement