We Are Hiring
Patient Care Technician - PCT
4th Floor South Tower
Dell Seton Medical Center - Austin, TX
Why Join Ascension?
At Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, we are the centerpiece of the new health district in downtown Austin, Texas.
Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas is a part of Ascension, a non-profit organization. Our team approach brings together a wide range of specialists, advanced technology and treatments. Our mission provides opportunities for Ascension associates to serve in their local communities by serving the poor and vulnerable.
Highlights of our State of the Art facility:
- Academic Hospital with 226 beds
- Advance Critical Care Management
- Specialties include Surgical Oncology, Plastics, Neurosurgical Services, Burn Program and Trauma Intensivists
- Only Level 1 Adult Trauma Center within 15 counties
- Acuity adjustable units
Highlights of our Department:
- Work alongside bedside RNs in a true teamwork environment
- Charge nurse and resource nurse available to assist bedside staff
- Associate self scheduling with unit schedulers to balance the needs of the unit
- Active vitality team committee who regularly schedule team-building events outside of work
- Highly engaged coworkers and leaders who work together to participate in PI/QI projects to improve patient care and workplace satisfaction
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Seton, you will have the opportunity to perform basic clinical and non-clinical patient care activities under supervision in assigned area.
- Aids with entry and exit of patients.
- Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff. Documents necessary records.
- Responsible for keeping patient rooms clean and orderly as well as maintaining medical equipment.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.