We Are Hiring
Vascular Technologist - Electrophysiology Lab Anc - Full-Time, Day - St Vincent's Birmingham - Birmingham, AL
Monday - Friday. No Call required!
Why Join Ascension?
In Alabama, St. Vincent's Health System operates five hospitals (St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent's Chilton, St. Vincent’s East, and St. Vincent’s St. Clair) in addition to several other healthcare facilities. St. Vincent's Health System employs more than 4,800 associates and has been serving Birmingham for more than 118 years.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Vascular Technologist with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to perform vascular diagnostic procedures to detect peripheral vascular disease or obstructions.
- Evaluates patient for presence of peripheral vascular disease by selecting most effective procedures within regulatory and compliance guidelines.
- Performs appropriate diagnostic procedures, records patient test results and reports results.
- Monitors patient comfort and safety during tests, alerting physicians to abnormalities or changes in patient responses.
- Maintains adequate supplies and verifies all equipment is in proper working condition; reports deficiencies and failures.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Ensures all activities comply with regulatory agency standards.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)