We Are Hiring
RN Registered Nurse Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist
Health Information Management Operations
Full-Time, Day Shift
Ascension Via Christi Hospital St Francis - Wichita, KS
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Via Christi is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees.
What Via Christi Health offers:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Via Christi Health offers a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist with Ascension Via Christi, you will have the opportunity to facilitate improvement in overall quality, completeness and accuracy of medical record documentation.
- Completes admission reviews and works closely with coding staff to ensure accuracy in code assignments that reflect the patient’s clinical status and care.
- Initiates and maintains extensive interactions with physicians and mid-level providers to address the need for more detailed information in the medical record.
- Collaborates with healthcare professionals to ensure the severity of illness and level of services provided are accurately reflected in the medical record and to resolve physician queries and documentation issues prior to patient's discharge.
- Maintains accurate records of review activities, ensuring reports and outcomes of clinical documentation improvement (CDI) efforts are valid.
- Provides education to the healthcare team on an ongoing basis regarding documentation opportunities, coding and reimbursement issues, and relevant quality and performance improvement activities.
What You Will Need
- Registered Nurse required prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- Five years of bedside nursing in the medical/surgical inpatient setting.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)