We Are Hiring
Ascension Surgery Center - Appleton/Menasha,WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Health Care, you will have the opportunity to perform patient care related to the digestive system.
- Provides instructions as indicated for each specific Gastroenterology (GI) procedure. Confers with nursing staff when needed.
- Documents patient assessment and health history from patient/family.
- Recognizes and responds to emergency situations in patient care.
- Makes post procedure calls on Gastroenterology (GI) patients. Reports concerns to nursing staff/physician as indicated.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Emergency Medical Tech specializing in Basic credentialed from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. All credential levels accepted.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Healthcare Association obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Registered Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Registry of Medical Assistants also accepted.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Nurse Aide credentialed from the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. CNA certification on the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry with eligibility to work within a hospital setting.
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin and its subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement