We Are Hiring
We are hiring a Performance Improvement Coordiator with a focus in Hospital Medicine Safety
This is a full time position at Ascension St. Mary's in Saginaw, M-F 7-3:30/8-4:30 with occasional (quarterly/semi-annual) weekend day off-site meetings within the State of MI. Schedule is flexed to accommodate for the occasional off-site meetings.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's of Michigan-MI, you will have the opportunity to
Organizes and coordinates performance improvement program activities and workflow.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team on problem identification and resolution, cost containment issues, implementation of new services and systems/ performance measures.
- Researches, develops/acquires and implements improvement systems, methodologies and tools to improve operations.
- Collaborates with Leaders to develop and revise screening indicators.
- Provides on-site training and follow-up for performance improvement teams.
- Performs regulatory documentation preparation, submission, and maintenance. Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Assists in policy, procedure and contract review process. Coordinates quality improvement initiatives.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certification specializing in Lean Healthcare Mgmt.
- Michigan RN License
- High school diploma or GED required
- Clinically-relevant bachelor’s degree, RN/BSN preferred
- A clinically-relevant healthcare Associate's degree plus significant years of clinical experience may be considered as well.
Work Experience Preferred:
- Knowledge of or experience in the delivery of patient care
- 3 years' clinical health care experience or experience in analyzing and interpreting process, clinical outcomes and costs of care.
- Prior experience with clinical chart review and abstraction is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as working knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Word and Excel) and web-based applications.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.