We Are Hiring
Saint Thomas Health is the leading faith-based health care system in Tennessee and is a part of
Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health
system. At Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital, we are the leading healthcare provider in
Rutherford County and we continue to grow our services in order to meet the healthcare needs of
Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital was honored as one of four hospitals in Tennessee to receive
the 2018 Tennessee BEST for Babies Award, presented by Tennessee Department of Health
U.S. News and World Report named Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital in its top five hospitals in
the Nashville area for 2018-2019. The ranking considers factors such as specialties offered,
patient safety, and other measurable levels of performance.
About Saint Thomas Rutherford NICU:
• 16 NICU beds
• Level II
• 3 Neonatologist
• 4% growth in Fiscal Year 2019
• Delivered 3380 babies in Fiscal Year 2019
Requirements & Preferred Qualifications:
• Current Tennessee license or eligibility of Tennessee licensure as a pharmacist
• Successful completion of an ASHP accredited PGY1 program (required)
• Currently completing or completed PGY-2 in pediatric pharmacy
• Board Certified in Pediatric Pharmacy (BCPPS)
• Neonatal Resuscitation Program Certification (NPR)
Position Summary & Job Details:
• Evaluate and review patient drug regimens for NICU and OB/L&D
• Participate in multidisciplinary rounds
• Educate and counsel family and staff
• Participate in creation of a NICU pharmacy competency
• Participate in code blue
• Collaborate with ED pharmacist to care for pediatric patients
• Identify and participate in research activities
• Identify and participate in quality and process improvement projects
• Participate in PGY1 residency program
• Hospital Experience Strongly Preferred
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)