We Are Hiring
Licensed Behavioral Health Counselor - SSC IOP Central
Shift: PRN, Rotating -
Seton Shoal Creek Hospital - Austin, TX
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy experience preferred
DUAL (Substance Use related Disorders and General Mental Health) experience preferred
At least 1 plus years in social services setting with IOP experience.
Working knowledge of general mental health disorders and interventions.
Relevant knowledge of outpatient mental health services; particularly in Williamson and Travis counties.
PRN at our Round Rock and Austin sites; days and evenings
Availability Range of 830am -930pm; M-Th
Friday 830a- 5pm
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, is a faith-based non-profit healthcare system founded in 1902 by the Daughters of Charity. Called to be a sign of God’s unconditional love for all, Ascension Seton strives to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services. Ascension Seton operates more than 100 clinical locations, including four teaching hospitals which serve as training sites for Dell Medical School at The University of Texas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Seton, you will have the opportunity to provide behavioral health counseling services.
- Conducts patient assessments and establishes therapy treatment goals.
- Administers individual and group therapy. Maintains thorough and confidential records of observations.
- Evaluates progress and effectiveness of therapy interventions.
- Provides patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic activities in the community.
- Works directly with the patient, family, physician and community providers to ensure active and collaborate care from the initiation of treatment to the time of discharge.
- Provides assessment, social services and counseling to patients, their families and staff in relation to social, psychological, financial and family situations including discharge planning. Provides individual, group and family psychotherapy. Documents therapies and treatment. Assists with direct patient care as needed.
- Initiates and conducts educational programs for staff as needed. Markets and provides community education on therapeutic services. Develops and maintains good working relationships with outside community health and social agencies and reaches out to the community to develop new resources for meeting patient needs. Conducts training programs with outside organizations regarding health and wellness.
- Functions as lead therapist regarding trauma and personality disorders, providing clinical consultation to staff and psychiatrist. Provides clinical consultation to hospital staff about mental health issues for various patient populations, including children and families. Interprets and communicates necessary information regarding patients and families including social history information to staff and physicians.
- Coordinates planning, makes recommendations and facilitates decision-making concerning individual patient care plans especially regarding the home situation. Plans treatments and reviews physician cases. Interacts with insurance companies regarding mental health claims and provides insurance and billing consultation, support, and education to other staff as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Counselor credentialed from the Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Social Worker credentialed from the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Clinical Counselor.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.