We Are Hiring
***Sign on bonus offered***
Titile: CNA or PCT - Stepdown Intermediate Care
Schedule: Part-Time - 20 hours per week, Nights 11 pm - 7:30 am, every other weekend and every other holiday.
Hospital: Ascension Mercy Hospital
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Mercy Hospital has been serving the community since 1891. Our 157 bed campus includes emergency and trauma care, surgery, and a span of specialties such as cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, obstetrics, neurosurgery and inpatient rehabilitation. Our location has the feel of a community-based hospital, but with it tied to Ascension, you are part of a national network.
We Offer You:
- Competitive compensation
- Professional development
- Affordable medical and dental coverage
- Retirement match
- Work-life balance through generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Adoption assistance
What You Will Do
As a Patient Care Technican or Certified Nursing Assistant with Ascension you will have the opportunity to perform basic clinical and non-clinical patient care activities under supervision in our stepdown intermediate care unit.
- Aid with entry and exit of patients.
- Assist patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Report findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to progressive care nursing staff. Document necessary records.
- Responsible for keeping patient rooms clean and orderly as well as maintaining medical equipment within stepdown intermediate care unit.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Nurse Aide credentialed from the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. CNA certification on the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry with eligibility to work within a hospital setting.
- High school diploma or GED required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin and its subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement