We Are Hiring
Medical Coder - Revenue Cycle Mgmt 005 - Full-Time, Day - St. John Clinic - Tulsa, OK
- Abstracts pertinent information from patient records. Assigns the International Classification of Diseases, Clinical Modification (ICD), Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) or Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes, creating Ambulatory Patient Classification (APC) or Diagnosis-Related Group (DRG) assignments.
- Obtains acceptable productivity/quality rates as defined per coding policy.
- Queries physicians when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or unclear for coding purposes.
- Maintains knowledge of and complies with coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements.
- Conducts chart audits for physician documentation requirements & internal coding; provides associate/physician & education as appropriate.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adheres to official coding guidelines.
- Keeps abreast of and complies with coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS).
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC).
- Reg Health Info Admnstr.
- Reg Health Info Tech.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum One year CPC experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Health System is an EEO/AA employer:
M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)