We Are Hiring
Cor Mariae Center, part of Ascension Living, is looking for caring and compassionate RNs to join the team! Nestled in a quiet neighborhood setting, this 134-bed community offers continuing care with independent living suites, sheltered care, rehabilitation, and long-term skilled nursing care.
Full-time Day Shift RN Opening!!
.9 FTE (36 hours per week)
Day Shift: 6 AM to 2:30 PM
Schedule will include hours every other weekend and some holidays
Why Join Ascension?
Be part of a great team and culture
Generous PTO, excellent (and affordable) medical, dental, vision and retirement (with a match)
Flexible scheduling and student friendly
Tuition reimbursement, discount programs and more
What You Will Do
As an RN with Ascension Living, you'll claim responsibility and accountability for a group of patients/residents through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation, effectively interact with patients/residents, family members, responsible parties and other health team members, while maintaining standards of professional nursing, and plan, supervise and evaluate care of each patient/resident ensuring that the status of the patient/resident condition is effectively communicated to the physician
- Perform assessments on patients/residents and reassessments as per policy
- Develop and implement appropriate plan of care based on assessment and diagnosis tailored to meet each individual’s needs (physical, cultural and psychosocial)
- Evaluate plan of care and make necessary changes
- Demonstrate knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient/resident and their clinical condition
- Evaluate patient/resident responses to medications
- Plan for and provide patient/resident, family and caregiver education
- Identify learning needs and clearly communicate information and documents patient/resident response to education
- Document according to current standards and policies
- Plan for patient/resident discharge, anticipate and plan for long-term and/or short-term patient/resident needs and collaborate with the discharge planner when appropriate
- Assess the patient/resident prior to discharge
- Delegate and collaborate in providing patient/resident care according to licensure and skill levels, follow up to ensure success
- Assure resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiate corrective action as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need
Required Licenses, Education and Certifications
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the state in which employed required
- CPR certification preferred for assisted living; required for LTC upon hire, or obtain within thirty (30) days of employment
- Completion of an accredited RN program
Preferred Education and Experience
- A minimum of one-year experience as an RN preferred but not required
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Possesses working knowledge of state and federal regulations
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)