We Are Hiring
Lead Coord-Qual & Patient Sfty - Total Quality Management 004 - Full-Time, Day - Ascension St. Mary's Hospital - Saginaw,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to lead assigned staff in performing tasks in quality, risk and patient safety program activities.
- Leads or coordinates shift operations of assigned activities, resources, and/or associates.
- Serves as a technical or functional resource and performs similar duties with staff.
- Assigns, monitors and reviews progress of work. Monitors and reports compliance with policies and/or procedures.
- Oversees and evaluates orientation and training of assigned associates. May provide input in the review and evaluation of staff performance.
What You Will Need
- None Required obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) by the National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ)
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- Lean Healthcare Management Certified
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Level Degree in clinical area
- Master’s Degree in healthcare field
- 1 year of experience required.
- 5 years’ experience in the healthcare industry with significant experience in clinical operations and/or design/process improvement leadership
- Formal training in Performance Improvement tools (i.e. Lean certified, Green Belt certified)
Equal Employment Opportunity
SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.