We Are Hiring
APRN-Nurse Pract-Presc Authori - HOSPITALIST - Full-Time,Day - St Vincent's Birmingham - Birmingham, AL
NP or PA needed to support our Orthopedic Hospitalists. St. Vincent’s Birmingham provides the most innovative orthopedic treatment to individuals of all ages. Be part of a team of orthopedic specialists committed to helping patients on their journey to recovery.
Why Join Ascension?
In Alabama, St. Vincent's Health System operates five hospitals (St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent's Chilton, St. Vincent’s East, and St. Vincent’s St. Clair) in addition to several other healthcare facilities. St. Vincent's Health System employs more than 4,800 associates and has been serving Birmingham for more than 118 years.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Benefits of Working for Ascension Medical Group:
- Experience working with nationally ranked physicians
- Greater earning potential
- Front loaded PTO
- Semi-flexible hours can be worked out
- Competitive pay
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Benefits package
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Paid licenses and permits
- Appreciative patients
- Big city metro amenities at their finest
- Outdoor recreation & excellent culture
- Live music, performing arts & fine dining options
- Beautiful state parks & water recreation
- Wonderful school systems and major universities
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to in collaboration with a physician, provide for the expansion of individualized primary healthcare services by diagnosing and treating certain acute or chronic health conditions.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies. Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and patient care.
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Counsels and educates patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Documents delivery of health care and nursing processes in accordance with specific specialty area standards and network nursing policy.
Ascension Medical Group:
- Work 4, 10-hour days, either Monday - Thursday or Tuesday - Friday
- Full time
- Do initial rounding on orthopedic patients
- Discharge and admit patients
- No procedures
- Some weekend call rotations
- Cerner – electronic medical record
- Work as an integrated team of providers
- Work at St. Vincent’s Birmingham
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Advanced Practice Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Physician Assistant
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Drug Enforcement Admin credentialed from the Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Master's degree of Nursing required
- Master's degree, Physician Assistant
- Hospital Experience Required
- Orthopedic Experience Preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)