We Are Hiring
Exercise Physiologist - Cardiac Rehab Riverfront - PRN Days - Ascension St Mary's Hospital-Riverfront - Saginaw, MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St. Mary's Hospital, you will have the opportunity to implement and supervise physical exercise programs for patients.
- Provides patient testing and assessment before and after rehabilitation.
- Plans and teaches exercise therapy for patients utilizing test data, patient status and current medication regimen. Monitors patient's response and revises plan accordingly.
- Recognizes contraindications and abnormal patient responses to exercise. Responds appropriately to all situations including exercise cessation and referral to medical professionals.
- Provides exercise information for patients, peers and the community which may include public speaking and education classes.
- Ensures department equipment is properly maintained, calibrated and functioning correctly. Prepares develops and maintains various files, records, reports; schedules patient appointments as required.
- Provides oversight to department activities in the absence of the manager.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Exercise Physiologist credentialed from the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
- Bachelor’s degree required Master’s degree preferred
- None required.
- Cardiac rehab experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.