We Are Hiring
Cardiac Service Line Director - Cardiology Services Admin 001 - Full-Time,Day - Dell Children's Medical Ctr - Austin,TX
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, is a faith-based non-profit healthcare system founded in 1902 by the Daughters of Charity. Called to be a sign of God’s unconditional love for all, Ascension Seton strives to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services. Ascension Seton operates more than 100 clinical locations, including four teaching hospitals which serve as training sites for Dell Medical School at The University of Texas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Cardiac Service Line Director with Seton Family of Hospitals-TX, you will have the opportunity to lead the management of the service line, serve as the content expert, and coordinate the use of human and financial resources to ensure the service line(s) operate efficiently, effectively, safely and timely. Manages service line contracts and service agreements. You lead the management of clinical service lines, and have a big commitment to push the Regional Heart Program forward, with a large reach from OR, ICU to imagining and electro physiology. We need a savvy experience Cardiac Service Line Director Lead. This someone would have a solid background, who has built programs before, working with physician and market programs with the ability to move us in a direction to grow.
- Coordinates the use of human and financial resources to ensure the service line(s) operates efficiently, effectively, safely and timely.
- Manages contracts and service agreements associated with the service line(s).
- Evaluates, develops, and adapts the clinical and business processes of the clinical service line(s) to meet the ever-changing healthcare environment and needs of patients and families.
- Develops and markets expanded and/or new services in response to innovation, technology, strategic developments or compensation consistent with the goals of the clinical service.
- Partners with other key departments to develop short and long range strategic plans for the service, operating and capital budgets, and an integrated strategic and financial plan for the service.
- Establishes operating performance targets and metrics including clinical outcomes, patient safety, patient satisfaction, and finance.
- Measures and monitors performance against targets and benchmarks.
- Assures achievement of service line goals and objectives; and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Assesses need for, designs, operates and evaluates clinical and business processes and ensures compliance within acceptable range of variation.
- Creates and develops an empowered work team.
- Hires, evaluates competencies and develops direct staff.
- Collaborates with the hiring, evaluation, and development of interdisciplinary staff involved in the clinical service delivery.
- Collaborates on development and implementation of fund development plan to support service line growth and sustainability.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required Master's degree preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or Business is strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or Business is preferred.
- 5 years of experience required. 10 years of experience preferred. 2 years of leadership or management experience required. 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Seven (7) years of leadership experience in healthcare within the specific service line(s) to be managed is strongly preferred.
- Experience leading diverse teams, including physician stakeholders.
- Preferred degree can substitute for two (2) years of the required experience.
- Preferred Experience: Built pediatric cardiac service line from small program to regional program with a lot of accolades attached to it.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.