We Are Hiring
RN Coord-Research-Nursing - Research Oncology 001 - Full-Time, Day Shift- Ascension St John Hospital, Mack Office Building - 34030 - Grosse Pointe Woods,MI
Monday - Friday. No weekends
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to lead clinical research projects via study protocols and provides direct patient care for study participants.
- Assists with the preparation, submission and management of internal/external compliance documentation at all stages of the research project.
- Assists with the selection, education, testing, and monitoring of research project participants. Follows protocols and collaborates with other healthcare providers to ensure continuity of participant care.
- Documents patient care and study results using appropriate formats and systems. Communicates patient/study results on an on-going basis to research team.
- Participates in quality assurance/improvement initiatives. Ensures compliance with applicable standards of care and regulatory requirements.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- At least six months of experience working in an oncology setting and/or research seting conducting clincial trials with patients is strongly preferred. This position requires a knowledge of Standard of Care and oncology diagnosis to identify and confirm protocol eligibility, discuss consent, and report the data.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)