This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Lab Assistant - Microbiology
St. Francis - Milwaukee,WI
What You Will Do
Performs specimen processing and clerical functions in one or more sections of the laboratory.
- Assists with receiving, identifying, accessioning, processing and transporting specimens.
- Keeps work area in a safe, aseptic and organized manner.
- Fulfills clerical duties which may include but are not limited to answering phones, data entry, and filing.
- Process specimens and performs record keeping duties as required by department.
- Maintains equipment and performs materials management duties such as keeping supply inventories at optimum levels and transporting specimens, equipment and supplies.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- High school diploma or GED required