We Are Hiring
Coord-EMS Program - Emergency Department 001 - Full-Time,Day - HealthPark - Grand Blanc,MI
Monday-Friday Day Shift
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an EMS Program Coordinator with Ascension Genesys Hospital, you will have the opportunity to coordinate and develop programs with emergency medical services providers.
- Acts as a liaison between hospital and emergency medical services providers to increase volume of patients brought to emergency room.
- Oversees hospital training regarding emergencies.
- Ensures plan meets federal, state and other regulatory requirements.
- Educates emergency medical services providers of changes in pre-hospital standards of care.
- Establishes quality review process for emergency medical services run sheets and follows up with providers.
- Assists in the development of marketing and communication programs directed towards emergency medical services providers to increase awareness of hospital's range of services.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Paramedic credentialed from the Michigan Emergency Medical Services obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- EMT-P Instructor Coordinator preferred.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- 3 years experience in pre-hospital or emergency field such as an EMT-P or Emergency Department RN.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.