We Are Hiring
Technician-Medical Lab - General Lab Anc 001 - Part-Time,Evening - Providence Health Ctr - Waco,TX
1:30PM-10PM every other weekend. Same hours week days when additional coverage is needed.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Providence Healthcare Netwk-TX, you will have the opportunity to perform routine diagnostic and analytic testing of laboratory specimens.
- Performs, validates, interprets, documents and reports test results under the supervision of a medical technologist/medical laboratory scientist.
- Conducts quality control and quality assurance testing.
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting. Maintains supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Assists with data collection and special projects.
- Understands and participates in all aspects of clinical laboratory testing: pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical. May collect and process specimens.
- Trains and mentors non-technical staff and students.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Medical Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Medical Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence Healthcare Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V).
A mission of compassion.
A vision of excellence.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.