We Are Hiring
Vice President - Clinical Service Line - Oncology
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Vice President (VP) - Clinical Service Line with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to lead the management of the service line, serve as the content expert, and coordinate the use of human and financial resources to ensure the service line(s) operate efficiently, effectively, safely and timely. You will manage service line contracts and service agreements.
- Establishes market strategy, service offerings and clinical program.
- Evaluates, develops, and adapts the business processes of the clinical service line(s) to meet the ever changing healthcare environment and needs of patients and families.
- Responsible for programmatic growth, physician recruitment, alignment or acquisitions; the evaluation, development and adaptation of clinical/business processes for the service line.
- Facilitates a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and accountability across disciplines within the service line.
- Coordinates with physician leadership to identify clinical and non-clinical technology, software, and equipment needs in support of the service line.
- Partners with physician lead to implement clinical standards and programs; new programs and services, in an efficient/cost effective manner to provide a unified approach to care delivery.
- Develops and implements cost, Clinical Process Reliability (CPR), and efficiency plans. Identifies necessary resources for patient care and programmatic development.
- Collaborates with Population Health leaders to improve health outcomes within the community.
- Develops and markets expanded and/or new services in response to innovation, technology, strategic developments or compensation consistent with the goals of the clinical service.
- Partners with other key departments to develop short and long range strategic plans for the service, operating and capital budgets, and an integrated strategic and financial plan.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory, legal, reimbursement changes, and industry trends. Establishes appropriate database registries, certifications, and external benchmark reasons to deliver outstanding clinical care
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree required Master's degree preferred
- 7 years of experience required with an Oncology Service Line. 10 years of experience preferred. 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred. #le@der2020
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)