We Are Hiring
St Benedict Nrsg & Rehab Ctr - Niles,IL
Spv-Maintenance & Facilities
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Senior Living, you will have the opportunity to supervise the daily activities of facilities and maintenance staff in assigned areas. Develops and maintains short to mid-term goals and plans for facility maintenance to maximize safety, aesthetics, operability and service excellence.
- Provides leadership, orientation, training, coaching, and mentoring to departmental staff. Assists with performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
- Monitors planned maintenance on heating, ventilating and/or air conditioning systems.
- Ensures staff compliance with departmental and organizational policies, procedures and protocols.
- Participates in multidisciplinary meetings, committees, and projects addressing issues related to educational initiatives, conflict resolution, cost containment issues, implementation of new services/systems, and performance measures.
- Ensures safe, reliable and continuous availability of required supplies, materials, utilities and specialty systems.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Healthcare Facilities.
- Contractor specializing in Plumber.
- Journeyperson specializing in Plumber.
- Maintenance Professional.
- Plumber specializing in Journeyman.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- 1 year of experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)