We Are Hiring
Sr Technology Facets Analyst
US Health Holdings/ABS
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Technologies leverages technology to create collaborative solutions that improve everyday health decisions. The technology enables seamless access to data across all applications transforming the customer experience when interacting with technology and enhancing our ability across Ascension to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. It is used to provide insightful use of automation and data-drive improvements to enhance the provider, patient and consumer experience as well as keeping cybersecruity with a strong posture to protect data and other valuable assets.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Role and Responsibility:
- Design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications including research, design, documenting and modifying throughout the product lifecycle
- The development would need Facets custom processes, extensions and Web services development
- Responsibilities include mentoring team members and assist testers perform SIT, UAT and Model Office testing
- Assist developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications
- Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) particularly in Agile environment
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications (FDD/TDD)
- Research Facets software documentation and map custom solution in Facets environment
- Recommend, schedule, and perform Facets custom software improvements and upgrades
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to functional/technical specifications that meet business requirements
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas
- Generate statistics and reports for management and/or team members on the status
Competencies / Knowledge / Skills:
- Worked in Facets 5.60 or higher versions
- Excellent working technical knowledge of programming languages, including C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Python, Java, C/C++, T-SQL, XML, schemas, DTD’s
- Excellent understanding of Facets data model. In depth knowledge of Membership, Billing, Claims, Provider, Utilization Management, NetworX data models
- Extensive understanding of Facets batch jobs, their schedules, dependencies and parameters requirements
- Experience in Agile development environment
- Must have worked in TriZetto/Cognizant’s Hosted Environment, good understanding of Hosted Batch Architecture for custom development
- Hands on experience working in integrated development environments, including SVN, Microsoft Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server
- XML, XSLT, Schema coding knowledge and translation abilities
- Strong relational database knowledge including tuning, stored procedure development and use of reporting services in a Microsoft environment
- Strong Facets XCOM and Embedded Extension development experience needed
- Strong Web service development using Facets FXI services in addition to creating custom web services
- Extensive experience with Windows operating systems
- Extensive experience with Microsoft SQL Server database 2014 or later
- Ability to run SQL queries in Facets database to provide insight into Facets data
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Experience with specific phases of the software development life cycle, especially Agile, Test Driven Development, and Waterfall
- Familiarity with TDD and Iterative software development methodologies
- Familiarity with the healthcare industry and HIPAA/PHI laws
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
- Strong written, oral communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to work additional hours to meet project deadlines
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
Desired Education / Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in the field of computer science or software engineering or equivalent years of relevant work experience required with a Bachelor’s degree
- Five (5) years of technical experience required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)