We Are Hiring
Equipment Specialist - Facility Support 001 - Full-Time, Day - Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Madison Heights - 34031 - Madison Heights,MI
Dayshift, Monday - Friday. Rotating on-call, and rotating weekend coverage (currently every 4th week). Rotating holiday coverage (1 Summer, 1 Winter)
This is a collective bargaining agreement union position
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to, under direct supervision and according to established procedures performs minor repairs, replace and troubleshoot various types of non-critical equipment, fixtures, and property. Perform routine preventative maintenance for non-critical Hospital, non-patient related equipment. Perform duties with regard for safety procedures and in accordance with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Performs minor repairs and troubleshoots non-critical commercial/industrial equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance and component level repairs of non-critical equipment in all areas of the Hospital and other buildings.
- Maintains related work records, logs and other documents related to various work assignments.
- Displays courtesy and tact and compliance with the Hospitals Values program with personnel, patients and visitors with whom there is contact.
- Participation on Hospital Emergency Response Team.
- Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Requires ability to read in order to read meters, gauges, charts, and instruction manuals, ability to write in order to record data and fill out work orders and ability to understand oral and written instructions generally acquired through the completion of a high school education.
- Requires knowledge of all applicable building and mechanical codes.
What You Will Need
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Three to five years of experience working with commercial/industrial equipment, general maintenance experience preferred. Previous hospital or healthcare experience preferred. Trade school certification of any kind a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)